Have you ever noticed how excited and happy you are during the summer? Scientifically, it has been proven that the sun is good for you. There are so many benefits that we gain from sunlight and it’s more than just solar power. We wanted to show you how powerful the sun is by listing a few things that it does for your health.
- The Sun Cheers You Up: Sunshine increases our levels of serotonin, which is what makes us happy.
- Helps Reduce Heart Disease: Research shows that exposure to sunlight stimulates vitamin D in the skin that helps steer away heart disease.
- Prevents Diabetes: Vitamin D can help prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Defeats SAD: Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) commonly known as the winter blues. The disorder is caused by the lack of sunlight.
- Relieves Aches and Pains: Sunlight helps warm the body’s muscles and ease stiffness. It reduces the pain triggered by inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
- Reduces Risk of Cancers: Moderate exposure to the sun provides vitamin D and can help reduce your risk of certain cancers. We strongly recommend using sunblock or covering up in light materials to prevent skin cancer.
- Helps Skin Conditions: The sun can help heal skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, and eczema.
- Boosts Your Immune System: Sunlight increases the production of white blood cells that helps boost your immune system and fight infection.
- Gives You More Energy: The increase in serotonin is why during the summer we feel more energized and happy.
- Helps with Weight Loss: Higher levels of serotonin aid in suppressing appetite and as a result you’ll eat a smaller amount during warmer weather.
A little sun won’t hurt so, take a moment to enjoy the outdoors. We also hope you can see the benefits from the sun and how it is powerful enough to keep you healthy and even power your home.
You can learn more at sunfriend.com.
And, before you head outdoors, read “Just How Powerful is the Sun?” We promise it’s a quick read.